Works like a charm!
- Rootbeer does wonders! The syrup coats the throat and soothes it. I give my daughter rootbeer slushies from our local 7/11 gas station. The cold thick drink soothes the throat well. Stay away from sour or acidic flavors though. Like I said, rootbeer works well!
- —Guest Darla
- Ice pops are so refreshing on your throat . I've only had three and it's already working!
- —Guest aaron
Honey Lemon Tea
- i usually make a tea with half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey this always helps when I have a sore throat.
- —Guest luke
Thyme and Honey Cough Syrup
- When I have a sore throat I drink herbal teas and make a cough syrup. To make the cough syrup, I first heat some water and make a thyme infusion (like thyme tea). Then I mix the infusion with honey, stir it and stick it in the microwave until it bubbles. I take it out and add honey until I have the texture I want (doesn't matter what texture, just whatever suits you), and let it cool.
- —Guest i dont wanna say my name
Salt and Vinegar Water
- I make sure that everyday I gargle with salt and vinegar. It does help me. When I feel better I use it twice in a week.
Cough Drops With Menthol
- While it seems like a no brainer I still use cough drops to soothe my sore throat. The menthol ones work best but if I get desperate a piece of hard candy will work too.
- —Guest Mary
- Salt water is amazing. I use it any time I have something in my mouth that hurts. Like biting wrong on a chip.
Gargle with strong tea
- A folk remedy for a sore throat is gargling with strong tea. The tannins in the tea are supposed to kill germs. At any rate, it does make your throat feel better. There's also a brand of lozenges that you can buy in health food stores. They're called Zand and I use them when needed because they don't have any sugar or artificial ingredients, they taste great, and they have zinc to help your sore throat get better.
- —Guest Linda
- I drink a cup of warm tea. If that doesn't help, I take a little nip of bourbon.
- —Guest Connie G.
Salt Water Gargle
- I prefer nice soothing throat lozenges or the tea with honey treatment but when a sore throat hits and there's nothing else available I mix up a nice yummy (NOT!) cup of warm salt water and gargle with it at least twice a day. And not just a wimpy swish in the mouth (that's only a quick fix for onion breath using some minty mouthwash) but a full "throw your head back" and make loud gurgling noises kind of deep throated gargle.
- —Guest Kathy
Not the best example...
- I usually try to ignore it for as long as I can. Then I try to deaden the area with squirty medicine that numbs. I have tried tea, honey and cough drops to varying degrees. I think it depends on what is causing your sore throat.
- —Guest Hilary
Salt Water Gargle
- Gargling with salt water was my mother's remedy for a sore throat and it really does help. Oddly, whenever I have a sore throat I crave salty foods.
- —Guest lila