Tonsils and Adenoids Out
- I got my tonsils and adenoids out 8 days ago and it has sucked. I suggest to eat pudding, jello, flat french fries, mashed potatoes, and plenty of fluids... but my favorite is MILKSHAKES.
- I'm 11 years old and 3 days ago I got my tonsils out. The only thing I can drink is apple juice with ice. I can't eat anything because it really hurts to swallow.
- —Guest KT
24 hours out
- I had my tonsillectomy 24 hours ago. The pain initially was not that bad, but it is 4am and I am awake in pain. The worst part is the swelling in my throat area, where my tonsils once lived.. I have drank fluids non stop. I am eating an Italian ice and drinking ice slush to try to bring down the swelling . These two things seem to be the best. I am also calling the Dr. to see if there is any medication to help with the inflammation. In the hospital I was given something so I am checking into it when their office opens. I am also calling about a stronger pain medication.
- —Guest jenn
- I'm 13 and i got my tonsils out 7 days ago. It hurts when I eat ice cream but once I eat soup my throat gets better and the pain stops for a while. So... I recommend soup to all you guys out there that are in the same position as me...Good Luck!!!!
- —Guest Abby13
- I'm 21 and I had my tonsils out about 5 or 6 days ago. My doc originally told me dairy foods should be avoided because of the film they create in the mouth. I've tried staying away from them because of this. I've been eating eggs, strawberry ice, overcooked noodles, bread (sans crusts), mashed potatoes, mushroom soup, smoothies, slushees, and TONS of water. Water helps a lot. I'm craving all of the foods I can't have (pizza, veggie burger, sub, spaghetti, etc.), so it's hard to get all of this soft food down, but it has to be done to heal quickly.
- —Guest Sarah
- Hi, I'm 16, I'm at day 3 and haven't eaten everything, only Gatorade and water. It all gives me lots of mucus so I'm constantly spitting. My favorite thing right now is gum. Lots of gum, it's very soothing.
- —Guest Libby
Got my tonsils out yesterday
- Hi, i got my tonsils out yesterday and it didn't hurt too much. I'm 11 and all I've been eating is jello and lots of water. I tried ice cream yesterday, it felt good on my throat but the aftertaste tasted like nail polish remover. I haven't tried soup yet but hopefully it tastes and feels okay because I'm starving!!!!!!
- —Guest ilovets
- I got my tonsils out a week ago and they still hurt. I have eaten a lot of popsicles; they seem to be the best. I have been wanting to eat more foods but I tried mashed potatoes with cheese and it hurt, but sometimes you just have to eat through the pain. I hope all you will be feeling better soon. I am 13 years old.
- —Guest Morgan
I want Chinese so badly
- Yeah, so my parents are downstairs eating Chinese food. Jealous. I am 22 and I am on day two. The pain is not too terrible, except when I cough. The problem is I cannot swallow at all because my throat is still so swollen. Best advice I can give is to put an ice pack on your throat. It made me feel a lot more comfortable and helped me with taking naps and such. I am still looking for a magical food that will work out well because applesauce hurts to swallow and milky products produce the mucus. Oh well. I have been drinking tea non-stop though.
- —Guest LBB
- I'm 15 and got my tonsils out 2 days ago. The first day my medicine was making me sick so I couldn't eat ANYTHING! but now I am able to eat more solid food. Today I ate some Ice cream but I found that it coats your throat a bit and makes it harder to swallow. I tried mashed potatoes....I do not recommend them! Something that's really good is blended/ frozen jello! It soothes your throat a lot!
- —Guest Kimba
soft and not needed to be chewed much
- I am 13 and got my tonsils out 2 days ago. I found eating ice cream, pudding, and Jello the easiest. i also found drinking water, orange Gatorade, and milkshakes good too. I also recommend having plain crushed ice with no flavoring soothing.
- —Guest btherock
I got my tonsils removed 4 days ago
- Ice cream, smoothies, fresh homemade fruit juice, water, pudding and cold porridge. Note every thing should be frozen, cold or room temperature.
- —Guest Angel
- The best thing is jello!! I had my tonsils taken out yesterday and tried to eat Mac and cheese, it took a half hour to eat half of it! It hurts if you dont drink a lot I recommend apple juice and to cough when you need to! It hurts a little but take a deep breathe and then cough up the mucus. Eating jello feels really good and fills you up. I recommend making your own jello from the box and use half sprite half water it feels soothing. In the morning it's the worst because you havent taken meds all night. I recommend waking up in the middle of the night and taking your medicines that what I'm doing tonight because I woke up this morning and could hardly talk. I hope I helped out! And I am 12
- —Guest Rosie
- My daughter is 3, the first days she only had popsicles. It helps to leave them out at room temp so they soften. Now she is eating mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, over cooked pastas, and she had a craving for a cheeseburger so we got her a plain burger at McDonald's and put it through the baby grinder. That's been her favorite.
- —Guest mom
- I'm 14 and I turn 15 in may. I got my tonsils and adenoids taken out. Also my doctor went inside my nose canal and shrunk the inflammation causing me not to be able to breathe through my nose. I've eaten nothing but Popsicles, water, soda, and vitamin water. I ate ice cream once but it cause allot of mucus to build up. Its the second day and it's sooo hard to breathe, but if you drink ice cold water it makes the swelling go down. I've had pain in my chest neck and back. I feel like I have a huge cold that won't go away. I can't breathe through my nose which means I have to breathe through my mouth (makes my throat really dry.) I have to drink looottttts of fluids too. I haven't left my bed at all unless I need to go to the bathroom. Pain killers and water will be your best friend for like 2 weeks. I haven't lost weight yet, but I'm kind of looking forward to losing 15 pounds.
- —Guest Erika